My cheapy food processor chopped the dry cashews okay but it didn’t like the bananas and refused to chop them, so I bashed them with a wooden spoon and the pecans kind of stayed whole. But the end result was delicious, so who cares if they look a bit ‘rustic’, eh?
As you’ll see from the recipe, I left my biscuits in the dehydrator for 10 hours but they were still a bit moist in the middle and therefore more cakey than biscuity. If that’s the texture you require, great – but if you want them a bit drier, then leave them in for another hour or two (or three or four).
- 2 cups dry cashews
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup dry pecans, chopped
- Put the cashews and salt into a food processor and process into small pieces.
- Break up the bananas and add to the processor with the vanilla and process.
- Add the pecans and pulse until everything's combined.
- Shape into biscuit shapes and dehydrate at 45C for 10 hours, or longer if you want them drier.