After making the Mexican Vegan Crustless Quiche yesterday afternoon, I had half a bag of spinach left over and spinach is always good to add to a pasta dish (or a curry dish for that matter) for a bit of greenery goodness.
Quorn Meat Free Swedish Meatballs with Tomato and Spinach (serves 4)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 bag frozen Quorn Meat Free Swedish Meatballs
2 tins chopped tomatoes
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 onion, chopped
2 or 3 large handfuls of spinach
Salt and pepper
- Cook the Quorn as instructed on the packet and leave to one side.
- Fry the onion and garlic in the olive oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Tear in some fresh basil.
- Stir in the spinach.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, then stir in the Quorn and heat through until the spinach has wilted.
- Serve with spaghetti and garlic bread (or whatever you like).