I always seem to want to cook something on a Sunday and today was no exception. Today I fancied something involving raw chocolate and found a raw vegan brownie recipe.
These raw vegan brownies are delicious. They only take a few minutes to make too – it took far longer going to the supermarket to buy the ingredients. The hardest part was waiting for them to chill in the fridge for two hours.
Raw Vegan Brownies
1 cup pecans
1 cup dates
5 tbsp raw cacao
4 tbsp dessicated coconut
2 tbsp agave nectar
1/4 tsp sea salt
- Place the pecans in the food processor and whizz until they become small and crumbly.
- Add dates to the pecan pieces and whizz again until the mixture sticks together and the dates are well processed.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process again until the mixture turns a dark chocolatey brown. Stop processing before it gets too buttery (there should still be air between the small bits so you will be able to press them down into the tin).
- Put the mixture into an 8” square tin and press down firmly.
- Chill in the fridge for a couple of hours. You don’t have to do this but it’ll make the brownie easier to slice.