Linda McCartney foods are launching ‘The Search for the UK’s Tastiest Meat-Free Dish’ and they would love for you to be involved. They’re inviting people across the country to help create the next Linda McCartney meal. So get creative and show the UK that meat-free doesn’t have to mean taste-free.
Here’s how it works:
1. From the 15th of November 2010 until 28th January 2011 people can submit their meat-free dish online at www.tastiestmeatfree.co.uk
Each recipe has to meet some simple criteria:
- The recipe should be a complete dish – preferably no salads or soups.
- It should only contain vegetarian ingredients, like cheese and stock, and of course – no meat!
- It has to be tasty!
- People can also upload a photo
2. In February 2011, the judging panel will select what they consider to be the top 3 dishes, worthy of the title ‘The UK’s Tastiest Meat-Free Dish’.
3. Then, in Spring 2011, each finalist’s home town will be visited to film them making their recipe on the Kitchen Table. The mini-films will go on air in April on ITV. Each finalist will also win a Baumatic cooker worth up to £1,500.
4. ITV’s This Morning viewers will be invited to go online to vote and a winner will be chosen.
6. The winner’s dish will then be developed into a Linda McCartney product, with the winner themselves featured on the box. They will also win a beautiful Titchmarsh & Goodwin hand-made kitchen table, worth £4,000.