In Wholefoods the other day, I bought a Raw Chocolate Chilli Pie. It was delicious and inspired me to make my own. I didn’t have all the ingredients listed on the label so I had a look for a raw chilli chocolate recipe using cacao powder and coconut oil and stumbled across this raw chocolate recipe. Their recipe calls for cacao butter, which I didn’t have, so I used coconut oil instead.
These raw chocolates are delicious – why did I only make six of them; they’ll be gone in no time! They only take a couple of minutes to make and you could add any flavourings you want. I added desiccated coconut to mine – next time I think I’ll add a bit of vanilla, too.
Raw Chilli Coconut Chocolate (makes 6)
50g coconut oil
3 tbsp raw cacao powder
1-2 tbsp agave nectar
3 tbsp desiccated coconut
pinch of rock salt
chilli flakes – add depending on how hot you want it
- Heat a pan of water and place a bowl over it.
- Melt the coconut oil in the bowl.
- Add the raw cacao powder and mix well with a whisk.
- Remove from the heat and add the agave nectar and mix in.
- Add the desiccated coconut, salt and chilli flakes.
- Pour into moulds/cases.
- Leave to set in the freezer for about 20 minutes, or a couple of hours in the fridge.