I’m still experimenting with the peanut butter bars. It’s so easy to just add whatever you’ve got available and you can’t go wrong really.
Today, I had a flash of inspiration and added 50g Seeds of Love and some Choc Shot. Delicious.
I’m not sure where you can buy Seeds of Love, except online – I got mine in a Nutribox a while back but you could add any nut and seed mix. Choc Shot is available in most large supermarkets (I bought mine in Tesco), on the hot chocolate shelf. If you can’t find any, I would imagine cocoa powder would do.
Vegan chocolate peanut butter bars (makes 9 bars)
50g Seeds of Love
4 tbsp golden syrup
4 tbsp peanut butter
1-2 tbsp Choc Shot
1 tbsp wholemeal flour
- Slowly heat up the golden syrup, peanut butter and Choc Shot in a saucepan.
- Mix together the flour, granola and seeds.
- Add the flour, granola and seeds to the peanut butter/golden syrup/Choc Shot mixture and stir until it’s thoroughly mixed.
- Press down into a 8” square tin and bake at 180C for about 10 minutes, until the edges are turning brown (keep an eye on it, as it can burn easily).
- Score lightly into 9 bars and leave to cool.