When you’ve got bananas going black in your fruit bowl, there’s only one thing to do with them – yep, make banana bread. Or, in my case, make vegan banana and cashew muffins.
These muffins are quick and easy to make and I used cashews because that’s what I had in but you can add any nuts or fruit you like instead, such as raisins or walnuts.
I had a bit of a baking urge at the weekend because as well as these muffins, I also made vegan brownies containing flax seed and cacao nibs, which I’ll blog about tomorrow.
- 225g plain flour
- 3 heaped tsp baking powder
- 100g brown sugar
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 3 ripe bananas
- 75g vegetable oil
- 50g cashews
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C
- Mash the bananas and mix well with the oil and sugar
- Add the flour, baking powder and mixed spice and stir well, mixing everything together
- Stir in the cashews
- Spoon the batter into muffin cases in a muffin tin and bake in the oven for 20 minutes