A cookbook I haven’t used for a while is Vegetarian Express by Rose Elliot so I had a flick through it yesterday looking for inspiration for this week’s soup and came across a recipe for spinach and potato soup.
It was very nice.
And very green.
1 small onion, chopped
400g potatoes, diced
1400ml vegetable stock
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
- Fry the onion in the olive oil for about 5 minutes
- Add the potato and cook for about 5 minutes
- Add the spinach and press down, stirring occasionally until it softens and wilts, about 5 minutes
- Add the stock, bring to the boil and simmer for about 10-15 minutes, until the potato is tender
- Remove from heat, add nutmeg, salt & pepper and blend