Despite this soup being the easiest soup in the world to make, it wasn’t the easiest soup to guess in my Guess The Soup game. I didn’t think it would be so difficult; it’s just one vegetable, after all, and a seasonal vegetable at that (I’m assuming it’s seasonal – it came in last week’s veg box, anyway).
Maybe the stock discoloured it. I don’t know what goes into most ready-made stock powder and cubes (I should probably be ashamed of this) but this stock was a home-made one, made from The Gentle Chef’s Instant Chicken’less Bouillon Powder, which is easy to make and much nicer than anything you’ll find in the shops. Just make a batch up and store it in a jar until you need it.
- 1 cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp home made or store bought bouillon powder
- 3 cups water
- salt and pepper
- 50ml soya milk (optional)
- Put all ingredients except the soya milk into the soup machine
- Set on 'low' for 25 minutes
- Add the soya milk at the end for extra creaminess