I hadn’t had tofu for ages, so it was time to remedy that and raid the cupboard and fridge for condiments and drag the George Foreman out of the cupboard.
The result was cripsy, smoky, spicy tofu that I stuffed in a Food Doctor seeded pitta bread (only £1 for 6 in Tesco) with spinach, olives and mayo.
- ½ block tofu, pressed and sliced in half
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- A few drops liquid smoke
- Mix up the sesame oil, nutritional yeast, sriracha and liquid smoke and coat the tofu in it, rubbing it in with your hands
- Leave to marinate for a few hours (or minutes, depending on how organised you are in planning ahead)
- Grill on a George Foreman grill for 10-15 minutes, until crispy
- Stuff in pitta bread with salad