I’d run out of fruit to make my usual breakfast smoothie with this morning, so I had a bowl of Jordan’s Super Fruity Granola instead. And, you know what? I’m so glad I did. It was crispy, crunchy, light and delicious and the raspberries, redcurrants, and pomegranate gave it a wonderful tang. It kept me full right up to lunchtime, too.
Feeling inspired by the granola, I made these peanut butter granola bars. They’re super-healthy and made in minutes with storecupboard ingredients.
Peanut butter granola bars (makes 9 bars)
150g Jordan’s Super Fruity Granola
4 tbsp peanut butter
4 tbsp honey
2 tbsp wholemeal flour
1 tsp cinnamon
- Slowly melt the honey and peanut butter in a saucepan.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Press into an 8” x 8” baking tray.
- Cook at 180C/gas mark 4 for 10 minutes.
- Score lightly into 9 pieces and leave to cool.
Nutritional info (per bar):